Oxford Home Schooling Courses
Oxford Home Schooling’s home study courses include several key components. Individual students enrolled on Oxford Home Schooling courses receive:
- a course folder of lessons comprising:
- an introduction to the course
- a set of lessons designed to meet the requirements of the examination specification or curriculum level
- course activities
- a set of self-assessment tests
- a set of tutor-marked assignments
- a mock examination (for those courses leading to national qualifications)
- model answers to the self assessment tests, tutor-marked assignments and mock examination
- support from a fully qualified experienced teacher of the subject you choose to study who will be your course tutor. Students and tutors are in regular contact by phone, email and post
- support from a dedicated exams officer who will help you enter for external examinations and submit coursework (where this forms part of an external examination)
- support from experienced student advisers who can help you with queries about your course
- a copy of How to Study at Home. This book includes six chapters with activities on topics such as: ‘How to make a study plan’, and ‘How to plan your revision and prepare for exams’.
- modern foreign language students also receive a CD-Rom of audio material to support their language learning, and/or access to password-protected online materials.