Throughout our International GCSE English Literature students will study some of the world’s finest literary works, developing their skills as a reader and helping them to interpret a range of texts in a number of different ways.
This course is designed to provide enjoyment as well as a qualification and is a great choice for students that already have an interest in books, poetry or other forms of creative writing.
The International GCSE in English Literature enables students to:
- Engage with and develop the ability to read, understand and respond to a wide range of literary texts from around the world
- Develop an appreciation of the ways in which authors achieve their literary effects and to develop the skills needed for literary study
- Explore, through literature, the cultures of their own and other societies
- Find enjoyment in reading literature and understand its influence on individuals and societies
The structure of the course is made up of six core modules, containing 23 lessons, 16 Poetry Anthology Worksheets, 11 Tutor-marked Assignments, and 2 Mock Exams.
The course is split into 6 modules:
- Module 1: Literary Analysis
- Module 2: Essay Technique
- Module 3: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- Module 4: Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Module 5: Unseen Texts and Poetry Anthology
- Module 6: An Inspector Calls by J B Priestley
The full lesson plan can be viewed in the course introduction in the course samples section below
Oxford Home Schooling is currently enrolling on the new syllabus (4ET1) towards exams in Summer 2022 and beyond.
Examinations and assignments
At the end of the International GCSE English Literature course students will need to sit two examinations.
Paper 1 counts towards 60% of the final grade, and lasts 1 hour 45 minutes.
Paper 2 contributes 40% of the final mark and lasts 1 hour 30 minutes.
When you enrol with Oxford Home Schooling we will agree on an intended examination date with you. Your support will last all the way up to this examination date, regardless of the pace you choose to study at.
200 study hours are recommended for this course.
Our International GCSE English Literature course fee is £375.
You may pay using our interest-free easy payment scheme. Pay a £75 deposit followed by eight monthly instalments of £37.50.
You will receive support from a fully-qualified tutor holding either a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or a degree in education.
This support includes:
- Marking all assignments for the course
- Written answers to specific study problems
- Telephone contact
When you begin this course, you will agree an examination date or dates with your Student Adviser. Your support period lasts up to this examination date.
Hi! We are currently open and an experienced Student Adviser is available to answer any questions you may have. Our number is 0800 0 111 024