Oxford Home Schooling offers an integrated KS3 Science course that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for Years 7-9. It also meets the requirements of the UK 13+ Common Entrance Examination. Students can enrol on the full Year 7-9 courses or separately for any of the three Year-based courses.
The course builds progressively: the Year 8 course refers back to subject content that appears in the Year 7 course, and Year 9 refers back to topics covered in Years 7 and 8. Year 8 and 9 students will also find the earlier course topics covered in good KS3 Science textbooks and can refer to these alongside the Year 8 and Year 9 course folders.
Each year has between 18 and 24 lessons and 6 tutor-marked assignments.
Start to explore the sciences Apply Now
- Introducing Science
- Cells, Energy, Change in State
- Organisms, Mixtures, Energy Resources
- Life Cycles, Mixtures, Forces
- Reproduction, Acids and Alkalis, Light
- Disease, Particles, the Solar System
- Food, Equations and Electricity
- Respiration, Burning and Electricity
- Breathing, Rocks and Heat
- Adaptations, Rocks and Heat
- Ecology and Gravity
- Student Investigation
- Variation, Reactivity, and Pressure
- Selection, Chemical Patterns, and Turning Forces
- Photosynthesis, Gases, and Speed
- Plants, Air Pollution, and Magnets
- Plant Reproduction, Using Chemistry, and Electromagnetism
- Skeletons, Sound, and Space
How much does it cost?
At key stage 3 you can either purchase one year for a subject or purchase the whole three year course.
One subject year (e.g. Year 7 Science) is charged at £250.
Subsequent subjects applied for at the same time are then charged at £225.
A three year course (e.g. Years 7, 8 and 9 for Science) is charged at £650.
You can pay in full or by instalments. See our pricing page for further details.
As students work through a course they have support from a qualified tutor that has a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or a degree in education. They will help by:
- Marking all course assignments
- Providing written and verbal feedback as required
- Providing telephone and email support
We are open again on Tuesday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. If you like you can request a call back
Supported by Online Videos
In association with Twig World, The KS3 Science is enriched by extensive links to appropriate films (and other supporting material), lesson by lesson. The student hops from the course materials to the films and back again.
To access the films, students need a password, supplied at enrolment. Students also need internet access and an e-mail account to benefit from this extraordinary resource which is offered as a “free” extra to students on the relevant courses.
Need more information? Speak to a Student Adviser today. 0800 0 111 024