Oxford Home Schooling offers an integrated KS3 Science course that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for Years 7-9. It also meets the requirements of the UK 13+ Common Entrance Examination. Students can enrol on the full Year 7-9 courses or separately for any of the three Year-based courses.
The course builds progressively: the Year 8 course refers back to subject content that appears in the Year 7 course, and Year 9 refers back to topics covered in Years 7 and 8. Year 8 and 9 students will also find the earlier course topics covered in good KS3 Science textbooks and can refer to these alongside the Year 8 and Year 9 course folders.
Each year has between 18 and 24 lessons and 6 tutor-marked assignments.
Start to explore the sciences Apply Now
Online Course? Paper Based? Somewhere in between? It’s your choice!
All of our Key Stage 3 Science students receive:
- Traditional printed learning materials
- Access to our online resources with on-the-go access to all your regular lessons
- Unmatched support by a fully qualified teacher online and by phone
- Introducing Science
- Cells, Energy, Change in State
- Organisms, Mixtures, Energy Resources
- Life Cycles, Mixtures, Forces
- Reproduction, Acids and Alkalis, Light
- Disease, Particles, the Solar System
- Food, Equations and Electricity
- Respiration, Burning and Electricity
- Breathing, Rocks and Heat
- Adaptations, Rocks and Heat
- Ecology and Gravity
- Student Investigation
- Variation, Reactivity, and Pressure
- Selection, Chemical Patterns, and Turning Forces
- Photosynthesis, Gases, and Speed
- Plants, Air Pollution, and Magnets
- Plant Reproduction, Using Chemistry, and Electromagnetism
- Skeletons, Sound, and Space
The course fee for a year of our Science Key Stage 3 course is £325.
You may pay using our interest-free easy payment scheme. Pay a £65 deposit followed by eight monthly instalments of £32.50.
Multiple courses attract a discount. See our pricing page for further details.
As students work through a course they have support from a qualified tutor that has a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or a degree in education. The course fee includes
- Printed and online course materials so you can study in multiple ways
- The marking and feedback of a series of assignments marked by your personal, PGCE-qualified tutor
- The marking of a past paper included in the course
- Telephone and email support from your personal tutor to assist your understanding of the course materials
Hi! We are currently open and an experienced Student Adviser is available to answer any questions you may have. Our number is 0800 0 111 024
Supported by Online Videos
In association with Twig World, The KS3 Science is enriched by extensive links to appropriate films (and other supporting material), lesson by lesson. The student hops from the course materials to the films and back again.
To access the films, students need a password, supplied at enrolment. Students also need internet access and an e-mail account to benefit from this extraordinary resource which is offered as a “free” extra to students on the relevant courses.
Need more information? Speak to a Student Adviser today. 0800 0 111 024