Oxford Home Schooling offers an integrated KS3 Science course that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for Years 7-9. It also meets the requirements of the UK 13+ Common Entrance Examination. Students can enrol on the full Year 7-9 courses or separately for any of the three Year-based courses.
The course builds progressively: the Year 8 course refers back to subject content that appears in the Year 7 course, and Year 9 refers back to topics covered in Years 7 and 8. Year 8 and 9 students will also find the earlier course topics covered in good KS3 Science textbooks and can refer to these alongside the Year 8 and Year 9 course folders.
Each year has between 18 and 24 lessons and 6 tutor-marked assignments.
Start to explore the sciences Apply Now
- Introducing Science
- Cells, Energy, Change in State
- Organisms, Mixtures, Energy Resources
- Life Cycles, Mixtures, Forces
- Reproduction, Acids and Alkalis, Light
- Disease, Particles, the Solar System
- Food, Equations and Electricity
- Respiration, Burning and Electricity
- Breathing, Rocks and Heat
- Adaptations, Rocks and Heat
- Ecology and Gravity
- Student Investigation
- Variation, Reactivity, and Pressure
- Selection, Chemical Patterns, and Turning Forces
- Photosynthesis, Gases, and Speed
- Plants, Air Pollution, and Magnets
- Plant Reproduction, Using Chemistry, and Electromagnetism
- Skeletons, Sound, and Space
How much does it cost?
At key stage 3 you can either purchase one year for a subject or purchase the whole three year course.
One subject year (e.g. Year 7 Science) is charged at £250.
Subsequent subjects applied for at the same time are then charged at £225.
A three year course (e.g. Years 7, 8 and 9 for Science) is charged at £650.
You can pay in full or by instalments. See our pricing page for further details.
As students work through a course they have support from a qualified tutor that has a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or a degree in education. They will help by:
- Marking all course assignments
- Providing written and verbal feedback as required
- Providing telephone and email support