What is the Advanced Information
The main aim is to help you use your revision time effectively. In the case of Spanish, the guidance helps with Paper 2, Section B: Reading and Writing, only. You will find a table showing the major focus of the content of the exam for Questions 6 and 7.
These two questions will draw on your reading and writing skills, vocabulary, etc, in the following areas:
- Everyday life, traditions and communities (covered in various lessons)
- House and home (see Lesson 10, etc)
- School rules and pressure (see Lessons 14-15)
- Daily routines and helping at home (see Lessons 26 and 9)
- Shopping and money matters (see Lessons 30 and 18)
Study the Whole Course
Please do not think it is a good idea to ignore the rest of the course! These two questions are only a small part of the overall assessment and other topics are sure to figure prominently in other questions about which there is no Advance Information.
Our general advice is to complete all lessons but to keep this advice close to hand during the revision process and make sure you are particularly well prepared to answer questions on these topic areas.
- If a topic is not on the list, it does not mean you can ignore it
- complete all lessons and Tutor Marked Assignments
- Use the Advanced Information to tailor your revision
Pearson/Edexcel may issue updated information or additional guidance at any point. Please check the Subject page for Spanish regularly.
We are open again on Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you like you can request a call back
If you are taking your exams in the following countries
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
You will be studying for an R paper.
R papers are papers which are sat by students in different timezones so that they don’t have to take their exams in the middle of the night!
There are different questions and topics in the Advanced Information for R papers.
If you are planning to take your exam in a foreign country, please check with your exam centre which paper you will be taking. If you are taking an R paper, please discuss how this will affect your revision with your tutor.