Oxford Home Schooling Courses
Oxford Home Schooling’s home study courses include several key components. Individual students enrolled on Oxford Home Schooling courses receive:
- A course folder of lessons comprising:
- An introduction to the course
- A set of lessons designed to meet the requirements of the examination specification or curriculum level
- Course activities
- A set of self-assessment tests
- A set of tutor-marked assignments
- A mock examination (for those courses leading to national qualifications)
- Model answers to the self assessment tests, tutor-marked assignments and mock examination
- Support from a fully qualified, experienced teacher of the subject you choose to study, who will be your course tutor. Students and tutors are in regular contact by phone, email and post.
- Support from a dedicated exams officer who will help you enter for external examinations and submit coursework (where this forms part of an external examination).
- Support from experienced student advisers who can help you with queries about your course
- A copy of our e-book How to Study at Home. This includes six chapters with activities on topics such as: ‘How to make a study plan’, and ‘How to plan your revision and prepare for exams’.
- Modern foreign language students also receive a CD-Rom of audio material to support their language learning, and / or access to password-protected online materials